Friday morning foursomes scoring:
Foursomes are scored by the number of holes won by followed by the number of holes left unplayed because the win was clinched before the 18th hole. For
example, in the morning round, Patrick Reed & Jordan Spieth (USA) defeated Justin Rose & Henrik Stenson (EUR) by three holes (winning four to Europe’s one) and they clinched the win on the 16th hole, leaving two holes unplayed. If all 18 holes are played the winning team wins 1 up or tied.
Their score then is Team USA won the match 3&2 – 3 (the number of holes they won by) & 2 (the number of holes left unplayed).
Friday morning match results
- 3&2 for Team USA: Jordan Spieth & Patrick Reed (USA) defeated Henrik Stenson & Justin Rose (Europe)
- 1 up for Team USA: Phil Mickelson & Rickie Fowler (USA) defeated Rory McIlroy & Andy Sullivan (Europe)
- 4&2 for Team USA: Jimmy Walker & Zach Johnson (USA) defeated Sergio Garcia & Martin Kaymer (Europe)
- 5&4 for Team USA: Dustin Johnson & Matt Kuchar (USA) defeated Thomas Pieters & Lee Westwood (Europe)
- Results: Team USA 4, Team Europe 0 after the first set of matches.
Ryder Cup session 2, Friday afternoon four-ball pairings
- Patrick Reed & Jordan Spieth (USA) vs. Justin Rose & Henrik Stenson (EUR) teeing off at 12:30 p.m.
- J.B. Holmes & Ryan Moore (USA) vs. Sergio Garcia & Rafa Cabrera Bello (EUR) teeing off at 12:45 p.m.
- Brandt Snedeker & Brooks Koepka (USA) vs. Martin Kaymer & Danny Willett (EUR) teeing off at 1:00 p.m.
- Zach Johnson & Matt Kuchar (USA) vs. Thomas Pieters & Rory McIlroy (EUR) teeing off at 1:15 p.m.